9.29.2010

Recipe-Summer Vegetable Curry

I found this recipe in the monthly newsletter for my gym. My CSA box arrived on my doorstep the next day and low and behold between the CSA produce and what was in my fridge, I had all the ingredients! It came out delicious and tasty!! Enjoy!!

1 tbsp EVOO
1 small onion, diced
1 medium eggplant, cut into 1" cubes
1 medium zucchini, cut into small cubes
2 medium carrots, sliced
1 small bunch swiss chard, woody stems discarded and leaves torn
3/4 lb tomatoes, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp curry powder ( I didn't have curry powder, so I used garam masala and tikka masala seasoning and it came out just fine)
1 tsp cumin, ground
2 tsp coriander, ground
1/2 cup dry lentils
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 cup lowfat kefir (I used Greek yogurt, also ok to use soy yogurt)
2 pieces of naan

Heat oil in a large high-sided pan over medium-high hat. Add onion, eggplant, zucchini, and carrots and saute for 10 minutes until veggies soften, release some liquid, and begin to shrink a bit. Add chard, tomatoes, and garlic and saute 5 minutes. Add curry powder, cumin, 1 tsp coriander, lentils, and 3 cups of water. Boil then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt/pepper. Meanwhile whisk kefir with remaining 1 tsp coriander in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Ladle hot veggie curry into bowls, drizzle with kefir, and serve with warm naan.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment