8.06.2010

Foodie Vegan's Friday Night Thoughts

Lately, I have been putting a lot of thought into my diet. For the last month or so, I have been focused on a lot of things in my personal life: my relationship with my boyfriend, an upcoming change of career, my upcoming trip to Italy, etc. Because of this, I have not been very healthy as to what goes in my mouth. I have been sticking to a vegetarian diet, but I have gotten trapped in the lazy vegetarian diet: pasta, quesadillas, takeout, pizza, etc. I have not been focusing or putting a concerted effort into not eating animal products. And I can say one thing: I feel like crap!

I have been suffering for the last month or so of consistent heartburn, feeling sluggish, and even gaining a couple of pounds. I'm saying all of this just to say it and get it off my chest. I don't have any quick anecdote and I'm not going to sit here and proclaim that "I'm gonna eat better" like most American women who "fall off the wagon" inevitably say.

I'm just going to say that I am going to continue to listen to my body. I want to be present to how I feel now in conjunction to what I am putting in my body. With that, I will say good night to everyone and I hope your belly and your heart is full of food that you are happy you put in your body.

Till next week! Foodie Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment