6.07.2010

a girl and a fork

Last week did NOT feel like a short week at all, in fact it felt like the complete opposite.  Working and evening activities kept me busy and tired so I didn't cook much and mainly spent the week dining on baby kale, apples, clementines, and garbanzo beans, aka no elaborate meals or preparation just moving fresh simple ingredients from my hand to my mouth.
But Friday night was beautiful... I had a pound of potatoes and another of baby zucchini with their blossoms waiting for me to have my way with them, and that I did... I made simple mashed potatoes with a touch of dijon, battered and fried squash blossoms with sauteed zucchini and some breaded baked tofu filets to round this heavy meal off.


And thus, a girl and a fork shared a good, homemade, organic, nutritious (yea, it's fried but it's wholesome!) meal to welcome the sabbath. Nom!




Happy Meatless Monday lovelies!

By the way, I'm currently participating in a giveaway on: theivytwines.blogspot.com so be sure to check it out and enter for a chance to win a $20 gift certificate!

No comments:

Post a Comment