Today's recipe is from a dip that I threw together twice last week. I like Spinach-Artichoke dip, but it's usually not vegan and I prefer swiss-chard to spinach, so after rethinking the dip a little I concluded on this:
- 1 can of artichoke hearts -- chopped
- 1 bunch of swiss chard -- cooked and then chopped
- 1/2 small red onion -- minced or chopped finely
- 1/3 cup of grated vegan mozarella (I would recommend Follow Your Heart brand)
- 1/4 cup of Wildwood Aioli (SO much better than mayonnaise or even any other vegannaise!)
- 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast (plus more for topping)
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs (I prefer panko) (plus more for topping)
Add swiss chard leaves (de-stemmed) to a pot of boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain and chop. Add to a bowl along with all other ingredients and mix well.
*Even though I'm giving you measurements, I just eyeballed it both times, so depending on how chunky/smooth you like your dip add more aioli, mozarella, etc, until you reach your desired consistency).*
When it looks good, add it to a medium/small baking dish and top with more panko and nutritional yeast. Bake at 400 degrees Farenheit for 10-20 minutes or until it starts to toast on top. You can also broil it for a couple of minutes once it's been heated through to get a delicious golden top.
The result should be delectable for veg*an's and non-v's alike so try it tonight or at your next potluck.
I hope you all check out the Meatless Monday website and consider taking part in this righteous movement. It doesn't require much of a change in your lifestyle yet it creates a HUGE difference in our world.
Have a great week!