1.13.2010

Tofu and Spinach in Peanut Coconut Sauce




All I can say is YUM to this dish!! I found it in the January issue of Delicious Living (my local natural foods store disperses the magazine for free). My boyfriend and I were just in awe at how good this dish is and how much it tasted like it could be a dish in a Thai restaurant.......no more thai takeout for me! Enjoy!!!

1-13.5 oz can light or regular coconut milk
1/3 cup smooth, unsweetened peanut butter (I used sweetened, that's all I had)
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
1 clove of garlic, pressed
1 bunch scallions thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
3 tsp brown sugar (I used coconut sugar and it was fine)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
juice of one large lime (I only had a lemon)
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 lb extra firm tofu cut into 1 inch cubes
2 large handfuls prewashed baby spinach (about 2.5 oz)
2 cups cooked brown basmati rice

1. Place first nine ingredients in slow cooker. Stir well to combine. Place tofu cubes in sauce. Cook on low setting for 2-3 hours.
2. During the last 15 minutes of cooking, place spinach in cooker. As leaves wilt, stir gently to incorporate into tofu mixture. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment