11.24.2009

Crafty Vegan Sister...

Hello earthlings!! I am the second oldest sister...aka, crafty vegan sister. I like to make crafts, especially recycled art...I also finger-crochet, love to explore new places and this year I decided to become vegan or as close as possible, step by step. I am lucky to have started this journey with very special people around me. During the last few years I have been learning and informing myself about the environment and health. I decided to become vegetarian after I read "The China Study" (thx wannabe vegan sister). It was all up hill after that. Up to that point I thought I was being as eco friendly as possible by doing my best to recycle, reuse and riding my bike to work...little did I know that changing my diet would be the most eco friendly thing I could ever do. What first made me want to switch to a vegetarian diet was the positive effect it would have on my health...then I learned more about the harsh treatment of animals through the Compassionate Cooks podcasts (thx Chiquita) and veganism flowered. Of course, I just expected to feel physically healthier, but much more than that occured....I have come to feel happier with myself, inside and out, it's as if my soul has been cleansed. I feel more satisfied with my relationships. A more compassionate person in me was born. I realized that a goat or a cow feels pain and love just like a dog, a cat or any human does and that I knew this all along but somehow forgot about it for a very long time....say 31 years.... It was a painful realization, but totally necessary. My goal with this blog is to share my experience as well as provide resources and information about the treatment of animals, the health benefits of switching to a vegan lifestyle and the effects on the environment. I am at this point in my life today thanks to my sisters who have shared information that opened my eyes and my soul. Together we can grow, together we can support, together we can live. Please join us on this journey and share your thoughts and comments with us. Peace and love to all!

4 comments:

  1. So awesome! Thanks for sharing with us, and for being on the path towards a more compassionate way of life for the animals, the earth, and your health :0) Look fwd. to checking in here! Thank u for your wonderful help w/ EFA! Thanks from the animals we help too! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michele! Thx for joining! Today, Thanksgiving, is going to be a hard day for some of us, so I decided to adopt two turkeys from Farm Sanctuary and I feel a bit better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. two turkeys?! THAT'S AWESOME! too bad you can't name one of them richard...maybe next year! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting blog!! You had mentioned something about this in your last e-mail. I'm very interested to continue reading about your experiences and your decision to become vegan. Love the turkey adoption idea :)

    Sugey

    ReplyDelete